sábado, 9 de noviembre de 2013

Reading
   



Hello everyone!!I want to share this post with you, I hope you like it!
The Reading map is an activity which we have done with Raquel in which we have to try to draw in a map or something similar your experience since we started to read, and accompany it with an essay explaining the picture.
When I was doing the essay I remembered a lot of experiences and events which I had forget. I also remember that when I was at the school I did not like read nothing because my parents an my teacher obliged me to do it. 
In my opinion the problem is that the school does not motivate students with books which they really want to read at least in my case.

Why there are people who do not like reading?          How can we choose an appropriate book?

Well, it depends on your life, your experiences, your family; your friends etc. all around you have influence in what kind of book you will like to read and if you like read or not.

Here I leave some advises to help people which don’t like read. In my opinion this is because they do not found a book that really exited them.

- Books with a strong title which catch your attention and trough it call you to open it a look    inside. Sometimes the title have not nothing similar with the story of the book .It can surprise you lot!
- To read the background of the book maybe helps you to find the story more appropriate for you.
- Another advice for choosing an appropriate book could be that you feel identified with the main character of your book.
- Also is important to choose an appropriate moment and space to read a book because if you have so much deterrents element around you, it is difficult that you focus your mend is the story which you are reading.

  •   In these links below you can find good advises to introduce children in reading and also what kind of books are more appropriate for each age.




And finally I have found an interesting video with information about Why Should We Read Books.




     


Could you share in this post what are your favourite book and why?



1 comentario:

  1. Hello maria! =)

    I would like to comment your post, because I think that reading is one of the most important activities that children have to develop and enjoy with it.

    Nowadays, students have a lot of subject, some of them participate in extracurricular activities, they do sports...and sometimes teachers and parents forget that they are children and they treat them as adults. Actually, this can be one reason why children do not like read or do not expend time to read.

    As educators we have to get the motivation of our students in order to make them read and enjoy reading. There are different tools and methods to achieve it, but teacher's creativity is one of the most important factors. In the last classes we learnt about our classmates different and interesting proyect to motivate children.

    I am totally agree with you, children have to find a book that make them delight in order to create that children want to read more and more. In my case, when I was a child I found " Kika Superbruja" collection and I wanted to read more and more books like this kind of collection.

    Finally, I would like to share with you my favourite book and to explain why. I discovered this book when I went to secondary school. It is called " La sombra del viento" and the author is Carlos Ruiz Zafón.

    This book is a tale of intrigue and history but especially is a tragedy of love. I love history and romantic stories, so this is my perfect book =)! This book grabs you from the first pages and makes you feel you are in the Barcelona of the 50. But I do not want to tell you more about this book because I would like to recommend you to discover it if you have not it yet.

    Congratulations for your post! =)

    ResponderEliminar